how long does it take to get licensed to sell insurance
ATTAIN THE BENEFITS NOW
Any insurance professional needs to prepare for how long does it take to get licensed to sell insurance. An insurance producer is a professional who has the proper licensing to sell insurance within a particular state. They are also known as insurance agents or insurance representatives. This means that insurance producers sell products on behalf of insurance companies. So, to become one you need to know how long does it take to get licensed to sell insurance. Therefore, it will be a great opportunity to grow, and a wide pool of potential opens up for you when you choose to become insurance producer.
One of the benefits insurance producers attain is AAI Designation. This article gives you a better insight to further understand the value of AAI Designation for insurance agents.
What does AAI Designation mean and how long does it take to get licensed to sell insurance?
Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) is a title that represents a position of a highly knowledgeable and experienced insurance professional. Therefore, this position will enable you to attain extensive knowledge that might one day also help your own insurance agency.
The AAI program was a collaborative initiative between the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America (IIABA) and the Insurance Institute of America. Firstly, the main goal of this program was to form experienced and knowledgeable independent insurance agents to mitigate insurance fraud. Secondly, to earn this title, insurance producers need to go through a procedure that consists of taking three different modules, completing their exams, and taking an online Ethics course. Thirdly, they also need to be good at their job of insurance marketing to become successful.
If you have an aspiring insurance agent friend, send them the benefits when they become insurance producer.
Insurance producers require to complete three modules by passing a series of examinations. Likewise, you can also consult local insurance agents who have already completed these modules and get tips. The total time for these courses will be around 9-15 months. Moreover, each course takes 5-7 weeks to complete and will be in English. Following are the three modules along with their courses:
AAI 81 Module
- The insurance business: an overview
- Account development
- Risk management
- Life insurance
- Homeowners insurance
AAI 82 Module
- Commercial crime insurance
- Commercial liability insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Surety bonds
- Business owners and farm insurance
- Excess and umbrella liability insurance
AAI 83 Module
- Market segmentation and product targeting
- Ethics and professionalism
- Personal production planning
- Clients service management
- Producer-insurer relations
- Sales management principles
Advantages of AAI Designation for an Insurance Producer
- It helps to mitigate Errors and Omissions claims.
- It provides detailed information about policies and coverages through all three modules of the AAI coursework overall.
- Since it comprises of highly experienced individuals, it does not even fall under competition with other designations.
- It builds the agents’ skills in marketing for insurance, sales, and insurance production abilities.
- It is comparatively better at offering quality customer service and customize insurance policies according to the client’s needs. So, you will be working on understanding your customers insurance needs and offer them solutions.
How Long Does It Take to Get Licensed to Sell Insurance: Key Takeaway
It’s a wise choice if you choose to become an insurance producer. Furthermore, it will be best to acquire an AAI designation to enhance your skills, better understand, and keep up with the highly competitive insurance industry.
This program intends to develop knowledge and skills among insurance agents so that they can competently compute risks and provide personalized policies to fit the needs of their clients. Hence, you will attain many benefits from this designation. You don’t need to worry about how long does it take to get licensed to sell insurance. All your effort will be worth it.
Furthermore, it will help you perform your routine tasks conveniently and further help you mitigate any unnecessary possible errors & omissions litigations. Lastly, can also find like-minded agents and get in touch to get their advice by searching insurance agent near me. You can also let us know that you want to talk to an insurance agent.